One, registration for Bulldog Family Weekend is NOW OPEN. Please make plans to join us February 26-28, 2016 as the Office of Parent Services hosts a True Maroon Family experience at Mississippi State University. Come find out why your student loves being a part of the Bulldog family! To register, visit: http://www.parents.msstate.edu/familyweekend/
Two, is your student interested in having an impact on the lives of incoming students!? Then check out the opportunities listed below to volunteer with our New Maroon Camp (NMC).
NMC Counselor and Programming Staff Selection 2016
- Interest meeting- Wednesday October 21st at 7PM in Taylor Auditorium (McCool Hall)
- Online Applications go live at midnight Thursday October 22nd on the New Maroon website - newmaroon.msstate.edu
- Online Applications are due November 1st by 5PM
- Group interviews begin on November 2nd
NMC is an avenue of support and engagement for incoming MSU students to get connected to the Mississippi State bulldog family before school starts. The only way camp can succeed is if MSU has a group of students who are willing to invest in the lives of these incoming students. Being on the NMC staff team is a volunteer position. Below are a few things the New Maroon Camp is looking for while choosing the 2016 NMC Counselors and Programming Staff:
Counselors and Programming Staff Duties:
- Must be passionate about Mississippi State University
- Can work with others (Needs to be a strong leader and listener)
- Willing to embrace diversity and diverse situations.
- Must be available for camp dates- these dates are tentative but will most likely be two weeks before Dawg Days.
- Can meet on a weekly basis- Wednesday nights
Counselor Description: The counselors will be working closely with the incoming students throughout camp. This includes participating in the family games and leading small group discussions. Counselors will be connecting with students and making them feel included during camp.
Programming Staff Description: Programming staffers will assist in planning the camp schedule. This includes the games and other family group activities. The programming staffers will help coordinate the games and activities throughout camp.
For more information, please check out NMC's website at www.newmaroon.msstate.edu or contact them at 662-325-4510.
Director of Parent Services | Dean of Students' Office
662.325.0411 (office) | 662.418.2441 (cell) | 662.325.0637 (fax)